ProComm Builders builds homes with a unique energy-efficient concept, giving our homes nearly twice the energy savings when compared with standard construction.
This is a cutaway version of the exterior walls we at ProComm Builders construct on every home we build. As you can see, there are several layers of materials between you and the outdoors. Starting from the outside and working our way in:
- Siding. You get to pick from one of three brands of premium siding, in the color of your choice.
- House wrap. This is a breathable product that allows moisture to escape from the wall should it get past the siding and house wrap. It does an excellent job of stopping wind from getting in, and all joints are taped to get a good seal, including where there are windows and doors. This is an important part of providing you with superior energy efficiency.
- Exterior sheathing. This is a type of plywood that provides structural strength.
- Stud wall. These are 2″ x 6″ wood studs that make up the structure of the wall. Between these studs are R-19 insulation batts that help keep the cold or heat out- depending on the time of year.
- Plastic poly vapor barrier. This is a sheet plastic product that keeps the moisture out in the summer, and in during the dry months during winter. It also stops any air movement that may have gotten past the house wrap, providing an extremely tight exterior wall. Think energy savings!
- Interior stud wall. This part of the wall is made of 2″ x 3″ steel studs that are not structural. This wall is only to hold the second layer of insulation which is R-8 insulation batts, providing the superior energy efficiency that is unique to ProComm Builders. This gives your home a total of R-27 insulation value- far superior to any other homes on the market today.
- Drywall. This is the finished layer you see in most homes. It has the texture and paint you see in a finished home.
We build our exterior walls using cutting-edge construction technology with the homeowner in mind. We want you have the lowest energy bills possible, and we have achieved that with our double-wall construction.